- Thank you guys so much for everything you have done in creating the Academy. Pat, you really looked out for me when making big decisions that got the job done right. Tom you were great respecting
our needs and still made sure things ran as smoothly as possible. You guys are truly a top-notch crew. You guys did a fantastic job!!
OwnerAcademy of Kung-Fu
- O’Brien Constructors and Pat O’Brien specifically, have been one of the most consistent, best performing general contractors I have worked with over my 25+ year career. I would strongly
recommend you consider them as your general contractor.
PrincipalAnkrom Moisan AA
- [O'Brien Constructors] is clearly an extra-effort organization which goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure a quality product and customer statisfaction.
SuperintendentBanks School District
- I have been extremely pleased with their performance, integrity and commitment to quality, workmanship, and completion of successful projects. … I know of few contractors who would have
spent the time and been as committed to the project completion and safety of the students and staff as O'Brien Constructors. O'Brien Constructors have demonstrated that they are an exceptional
firm and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
Project ManagerBeaverton School District
- The planning and construction of our winery addition has been a most satisfying collaboration. Your patience and ingenuity in finding ways to make it work without cutting corners or lowering
quality standards were admirable. Pat, you built us a beautiful building that surpassed our expectations. Thank you.
OwnerBethel Heights Vineyard
- I want to express our appreciation to all of the O'Brien [Constructors] team members for their hard work and customer focused attention to detail. Pat, we look forward to working with you and
your team on the next project.
- I am writing to express my appreciation of all your company's efforts related to our Day Surgery Unit renovation project at Tuality Hospital. From our working together successfully on past
projects, I am not surprised to see this project going smoothly. I want to thank you for the cooperative and creative efforts to find ways to cut costs when it was needed and the straightforward
accounting and project management on your part.
J. Thomas Clark Jr.
- Pat O'Brien was there every step of the way. From meeting with our winemaker to discuss winery operations, to working with the design team to see that the final product supported that vision,
he has been an essential member of our team.
OwnerCHerry Hill Winery
- I just wanted to write a short note to you commending your company on the great job they did renovating Weber Hall, under what most people would consider very tight time constraints.
Chief Financial OfficerConcordia University
- I am still not sure how we did it but it was endemic of the entire process … whatever the problems or conflicts, thing simply went forward. Now, I can finally stand back and look at
a building rather than a construction project -- and what a building it is. Though I have lived with its unfolding from the very first spade of earth turned, I don't think I will ever be complacent
with the beauty and care that it manifests. But moreso, it works. We defined some very precise specifications — from 6000 miles distant — to a firm that had never built anything resembling
a winery. That you produced what you did is indelible testimony to the belief that one can accomplish anything one desires with enough creativity and commitment. Thank you, Pat.
General managerDomaine Drouhin Oregon
- … [Their absolute commitment to customer service] clearly sets them apart from most of their competition. Some people talk about doing this, and some people do it. On a daily basis, their
commitment on this project was to serve the needs of the school district in every possible way. … They listen, they are responsive, and they look you in the eye and are honest about problems
and solutions. You can't ask for more than that.
Daniel J. Hess
ArchitectDull Olson Weekes Architects
- Teamwork is an essential part of any successful construction project and O'Brien Constructors demonstrated the ability to work as a team over and above the call of duty. O'Brien's project management
and field management skills on this project were integral to the success of this project. To the credit of O'Brien, they have pooled the very best talent I have worked with during my last 10
years of detention construction.
Project ManagerEngineered Control Systems
- O’Brien Constructors met all of the expectations of Yamhill County to provide construction solutions that allowed the juvenile facility to continue operations while expanding. Their diligence
to investigate and find construction solutions to existing conditions during the construction phase minimized cost and schedule impacts. They made sure to stay in constant communication with
the user to minimize impacts to the current operations.
Founding PrincipalEthos Development
- The ability to handle the variability caused by four physicians in a construction project was extraordinary and contributed greatly to the on-time, on-budget completion which we had.
John L. Wire
AdministratorEye Health Northwest
- Pat O'Brien and his staff have consistently maintained excellent standards of quality and professionalism by communicating clearly on process, construction and design concepts, and costs; understanding
that each project is individual and has specific needs; being accessible, responsive, helpful, and courteous at all times; handing construction issues and costs in a fair and even-handed way;
and by understanding and practicing a teamwork approach on each project.
ArchitectGazley Plowman Architects
- In my 12 years of architectural experience I have never worked with a construction firm that is as competent, enthusiastic, organized and professional as [O'Brien Constructors]. Not only do
I enjoy working with [O'Brien], I highly recommend [them] to any project manager planning construction of commercial or institutional buildings. What impresses me the most with [O'Brien Constructors]
is their sense of honesty and integrity.
J. Peter Foster
ArchitectGiffin Bolte Jurgens Architects
- In all our dealings with O'Brien Constructors, we have found them to be most cooperative and professional, with on-time and on-budget results, something we greatly appreciated. Without hesitation,
I recommend them for any project being considered.
Father Jack Topper
Executive DirectorThe Grotto
- All of my dealings with O'Brien Constructors have been very professional and well done. I find them thorough and detail oriented. The jobs have been on time and on budget. Their staff has been
helpful in obtaining permits and legal requirements.
Inland Sea Maritime Group
- Your firm has provided excellent quality and service to Jesuit High School over the years, and I anticipate that we will continue to use your company in many future endeavors. We are pleased
with the work you have done on our campus.
John J. Gladstone
PresidentJesuit High School
- We have appreciated the pleasant attitude demonstrated by your superintendent and crew and the cooperativeness in accomplishing the tasks in a timely fashion.
Facilities Construction ManagerKaiser Permanente
- … wineries construction involves many unique challenges and potential pitfalls. Pat and his company have, without question, more extensive winery experience than any other contractor
in Oregon. We have had the opportunity to work on several projects with them and have found the entire staff enthusiastic and responsive. Pat's fundamental understanding of the winemaking process,
material selection, combined with his attention to detail and ability to think outside the box would be an important contribution to any winery design team.
PrincipalLaurence Ferar & Associates
- Throughout this project, O’Brien Constructors demonstrated that they are reliable and dependable. I heartily recommend them to any owner seeking a general contractor with construction
skill, commitment, and integrity.
Owner's RepresentativeMeadowlark Partners
- One of the most significant qualities about their work was the attention given to communication and coordination. The jail staff and I were always kept abreast of the schedule and advance notice
of critical timelines enabled jail staff to adequately prepare without disruptions to the facilities operations.
Project ManagerMultnomah County
- The complex construction work needed to be completed on a very tight time schedule while keeping an existing 400-student elementary school in full operation. [O'Brien] completed the work ahead
of schedule, had a wonderful working relationship with district staff, and presented the district with a product of high quality and craftsmanship.
Garry M. Kryszak
Construction SupervisorNorth Clackamas School Dist.
- On behalf of OHSU, I want to convey our appreciation for the excellence your firm provided on this project. It's not just that you were able to do the job, but it was the way that you did it.
It is the combined professional and personal way you managed the project that made it a success and pleasure to work on.
- Their [O'Brien Constructors] quality of work and professionalism were outstanding and I would highly recommend Pat and his team to future clients.
- The lines of communication between O’Brien [Constructors] and Pacific University have always remained open and constructive during the construction period.
Construction ManagerPacific University
- Your crews were excellent to work with and always maintained a clean working environment each morning during this process for our employees. Even with the concern over all the computer equipment
throughout the office, there was no damage or maintenance problems reported.
Thomas J. Dundon
Vice President of Finance
Physicians Assn. of Clackamas Co.
- [O'Brien Constructors] has well trained and well organized office personnel and excellent field supervisors. The projects that [O'Brien] has done for the district have been brought to substantial
completion in approximately two thirds the allocated time and within the budgetary limits of this agency.
James P. Hendren
Contract Services SupervisorPortland Public Schools
- When difficulties came up I found time and again that your company would take responsibility for resolving the issues and, even in cases where responsibility might be deflected elsewhere, would
work diligently to keep the project moving and without undue expense to PSU.
Special Projects ArchitectPortland State University
- On behalf of the Rose Villa Board of Directors, I wish to thank you for the fine job being done and the care and concern shown to the residents.
Board of Directors PresidentRose Villa
- As architect for the Yamhill County juvenile detention facility expansion and remodel project I worked closely with the general contractor, O'Brien Constructors. We are very pleased with
the working relationship, the end result of the project and would be happy to work with the company again.
Randal S. Saunders
- The quality of work performed by your crews and subcontractors, and the professionalism demonstrated by your firm overcame all obstacles we presented. Even the last minute changes in design
and layout that our managers demanded were not a challenge. Most importantly, any construction-related issues that arose during the project were addressed immediately and solved in a fair and
James F. Culbertson Jr.
Chief Executive OfficerTemp-Control Mechanical
- We appreciate the flexibility [O'Brien Constructors has] displayed. … Our tasks are very diverse, small projects, large projects and specialty projects; O'Brien has always been able to
meet the challenge. I feel quite comfortable recommending O'Brien Constructors to any organization requiring tenant improvement services.
Facilities Service SupervisorTriMet
- The construction crews made an extra effort to perform their jobs within the time limits and with the least amount of impact to the operation of our units. They kept the areas clean and uncluttered
with a minimum of noise and disruption. They were considerate of our needs and schedules.
Cheryl A. Miller
Clinical Nurse ManagerTuality Community Hospital
- The outstanding trait underlying all of our experiences with your team was a willingness to work with us to achieve the best building possible within our budget.
John and Nancy McClintock
OwnersVista Hills Vineyard & Winery
- We highly recommend O'Brien Constructors as an integral part of any project team. We feel that their contribution to the Vista Hills Winery project has been fundamental to its success, and
hope to have more opportunities to work with them in the future.
Waterleaf Arch. & Interiors
- Quality of construction for this project has been outstanding. This is a reflection on the quality of work your firm and subcontractors perform.
- It was evident during construction that your firm's ability to work with the client's staff to minimize disruptions and scheduling problems significantly added to the success of this project.
I know this is a sentiment that is also shared by many people who you have worked with on this project.
ArchitectZimmer Gunsul Frasca